Welcome to Residence Life at Pfeiffer!
As a parent or family member, no doubt you are curious about the type of environment in which your student will be/is living. It is natural to have questions and concerns as you and your student move through this college adventure and we are here to assist. Residence Life strives to enhance the student's total experience by fostering learning both inside and outside the classroom and by providing support services. We help build a greater sense of community, one that is inclusive, cohesive and caring. Working with the students in the residence halls, the Residence Life staff prepares students to be effective, ethical leaders and active citizens who can make a positive difference in their communities. We encourage you to check out the many handouts on this page pertaining to Residence Life in hopes that they will answer any questions you may have.
Why Should Your Student Live On Campus?
Studies show that students who live on campus tend to:
- Complete more credit hours and have higher grade point averages
- Become more involved with the campus community
- Complete their degree at their initial institution
- Show greater gains in student development and interpersonal self-esteem
- Express greater satisfaction with their undergraduate experience
- Persist and graduate with greater frequency
- Enjoy easy access to campus resources (library, labs, athletic facilities, support services)
Housing assignments for new students entering in the Fall will be posted after June 15th.
All freshman residential students will be enrolled in the same mandatory meal plan: 19 meals/week plus $180 flex dollars.
If you have special dietary needs please email email@example.com. We must receive at least a 60-day notice (prior to the start of the semester) for all students who are asking for a meal plan accommodation/reduction. Meal plan accommodations/reductions will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Director of Residence Life