APPLYING FOR FINANCIAL AID
- Get your FSA ID and password. www.fsaid.ed.gov
- New dependent/independent students and (if dependent) a parent/guardian will need to obtain a unique ID through the U.S. Department of Education. You will use this unique FSA-ID each year you file your FAFSA and to complete your Federal Direct Stafford Loan entrance counseling and Master Promissory Note (MPN). You can request your FSA-ID at www.fsaid.ed.gov.
2. Complete the FAFSA. School Code 002955
- All students seeking financial aid should complete the FAFSA each year. Visit fafsa.ed.gov to complete the FAFSA. It is strongly suggested that you wait until you (and your parents/guardians) have filed FEDERAL taxes and use IRS Data Retrieval tool to access Federal Tax Returns to populate the FAFSA. Pfeiffer’s school code: 002955
- Are you applying for federal student loans?
- New Students: Complete the Federal Direct Stafford Loan Master Promissory Note & Entrance Counseling. Complete the documents at www.studentloans.gov. Sign in using the same FSA-ID you requested in step one choose. "Complete Entrance Counseling" and "Complete Master Promissory Note" for a subsidized/unsubsidized direct student loan. Items will be transmitted electronically.
- Undergraduates Only: North Carolina residents may qualify for state financial aid. A residency determination from the N.C. Residency Determination Service is required for any individual who wishes to receive the benefit of state grants.
- Visit www.ncresidency.org to complete residency determination. Successful completion of the process results in a validated residency certification number (RCN).
- If you have questions about the process you must contact the NC Residency Service:
- phone- 844-319-3640 email- email@example.com
- Deadline: July 1
- Financial aid updates will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org to the email address on your FAFSA and pfeiffer.edu email address.
- Check email and the my.pfeiffer.edu student portal for updates.
- The financial aid office will contact you if additional information is needed.
- Add email@example.com to your address book to make sure you receive notifications.
- Return the documentation to the financial aid office.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 704-463-1363
- Mail: Pfeiffer University Office of Financial Aid~ PO Box 960~ Misenheimer, NC 28109
- Financial Aid Review: The financial aid office will review your file and provide updates about corrections, documentation, and awards. Make sure you check the my.pfeiffer.edu portal to see missing documents and financial aid updates.
- Financial Aid Award Letter: An award letter will be provided once all information has been received, reviewed, and processed. Your award letter will be sent via email to the address you indicated on the FAFSA and the pfeiffer.edu email address.
- Review the award letter.
- Sign the award letter to indicate whether you “ACCEPT” or “DECLINE” the aid.
- Return the signed letter to the Financial Aid Office.
- Disbursements: The disbursement process starts after the drop add period. Disbursements will be processed weekly. You will be notified when your aid been processed.
- Refunds are processed by the business office after all tuition and fees have been paid. The business office will send refund notifications.
Financial Aid Contact Information
Office of Financial Aid
Charlotte- Graduate and Adult Studies
Financial Aid Counselor