We are excited to announce that a single commencement exercise for our undergraduate, degree-completion, and graduate students will be held on August 1, 2020. The ceremony will take place on the Misenheimer campus in Henry Pfeiffer Chapel at 10:30 AM ET.
The ceremony will also be live-streamed at www.pfeiffer.edu/live
To honor the hard work and dedication of our students, maintain a safe environment and to follow the executive orders in place through the North Carolina Governor's office, the graduation ceremony will proceed with the following requirements and modifications:
Requirements for Participation
1. Graduating students who intend to participate in the ceremony MUST RSVP through this graduation survey by July 17, 2020. Participation WILL NOT be permitted without an RSVP by July 17, 2020. Complete this graduation survey to RSVP by July 17, 2020.
2. ONLY graduating students may attend. Family members or guests WILL NOT be permitted inside Merner Gymnasium or Henry Pfeiffer Chapel.
3. All graduation ceremony participants MUST wear a face mask for the duration of the ceremony.
4. All graduation ceremony participants MUST complete an electronic pre-health questionnaire.
5. All graduation ceremony participants MUST follow social distancing measures for the duration of the ceremony.
1. Graduating students will arrive and stage in the Merner Gymnasium. Chairs will be spaced six fix feet apart on the gymnasium floor.
2. Commencement speakers will address graduates in the Merner Gymnasium via a live stream from the Henry Pfeiffer Chapel.
3. When commencement speakers have finished their remarks, graduating students will process from Merner Gymnasium across the footbridge to Henry Pfeiffer Chapel.
4. Graduating students will enter Henry Pfeiffer Chapel through the left rear entry, proceed across the stage to receive their diploma when their name is called, pose for a photograph, and exit the right rear exit.
5. Graduates MUST leave campus after receiving their diploma. Large gatherings outside of Henry Pfeiffer Chapel WILL NOT be permitted.
Ceremony Safety Measures
1. Faculty attendance, as determined by the Office of Academic Affairs will be limited.
2. Seating will be spaced six feet apart with minimal stage set-up.
3. The ceremony will be live-streamed and, the names of all graduates will be called.
4. Graduating students MUST RSVP, complete a pre-health screening, wear a face mask, and follow social distancing measures.
5. Hand Sanitizer stations will be provided for participants at strategic locations.
6. Building entries and exits will be clearly marked for one way passage.
We hoped to hold a graduation ceremony open to all family and friends, however, as COVID19 cases continue to rise in North Carolina and through the in-depth discussion and planning of the Pfeiffer University Total Quality Management Team (PU-TQM), we believe this plan to be the best option to recognize the accomplishments of our graduates and ensure the health and safety of our Pfeiffer Community.
Should an executive order and Phase 3 still be in place, we will move to a virtual live-streamed ceremony. The Platform will be live on August 1, 2020, at 10:30 AM ET. The names of all graduates will be called.
Please submit any questions you may have regarding the August 1 commencement exercise through this question submission form.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. We hope that you stay safe and enjoy the rest of the summer.